Sunday, October 23, 2011

Recycling with Style!

I've taken on a little bit bigger than normal... My parents have a pie safe (yes, that's an old Southern term for furniture that goes in the kitchen). It's soooo old--and it has just been catching dust in my parents' laundry room for years, so I stole it. And I'm giving it a facelift!



Ideally, this is a three night project, but I've not been as dedicated as I needed to be. So, it's turned into a week. One night for sanding, one night for painting, and one night for staining.


Have a old piece of furniture in the attic that has seen better days? A table, a chest, a stool, an odd chair--a little bit of sanding, a bright color, some elbow grease..and you have a great conversation piece.



I've spent a bit tonight roughing up my beautiful lime green paint job, so stay tuned for the final product and your "how-to". It is going to be SASSY! And, I promise it's easy!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I got my Grandmother's cedar hope chest a couple of years ago. It needs help. It's in my bedroom now but is covered in clothes! Maybe you can help me sometime!!

Post a Comment