Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mantle Decorating!

It's all about taking inventory of what you have and getting creative!




Thanks to Pinterest, the ideas of mantle decorating this year have been immense. But, I have to be honest, if I need to make a storyboard for my decoration shopping--it's a no-can-do for me. So, this year, I grabbed a couple of pictures, took inventory of what I already had, and made it work (with a few newbies, of course). Just call me Tim Gunn.



I started with two red vases, a myriad of mistmatched pumpkins, random candleholders, and an old window that was a great antique store find. Add in a new handmade wreath, two bunches of tall branches/wheat, and a cream pumpkin (yes, I added the polka dots), and you have your complete decor list.



I'll admit that I moved it around dozen times before I loved it at last...one last touch with a bit of fall foliage, and I have a new mantle!
Here's the finished product!!

1 comment:

Post a Comment